With sophisticated malware attacks on the rise it has never been more important to have a reliable and secure cloud backup solution that not only protects your valuable data, but also the backups. It sounds confusing, but Ransomware viruses are getting smarter and have learned how to compromise backup files, leaving you in a tough situation with no ability to recover.
How Sydney Backups protects against data loss due to Ransomware
When Ransomware strikes, the only way to recover your data is to turn to your backups, but unfortunately, too often this becomes an issue.
- You never had backups – didn’t think you need them or you didn’t have the expertise to implement them
- You had backups setup some time ago, but then realised they haven’t worked for a while
- You had backups and they work as intended, but the restore is crashing or corrupted
- You had backups, but they have been infected by Ransomware as well
With Sydney Backups Cloud Backups, you can forget about backups, we make sure your data is there when you need it the most.
- We setup, configure and monitor cloud backups 24/7
- We backup daily to a secure cloud storage
- We perform regular consistency checks
- We use military grade encryption to protect stored cloud backups
- We provide daily backup reports
- We are always available to assist with a restore
What is Ransomware and how it works?
Ransomware is a type of malware that prevents the user from accessing their system or data and demands payment to restore the access. Ransomware enters a system through an infected web page, malicious email attachment or email link, remote desktop protocol (RDP), infected USB etc..
Once ransomware is in your system, the following occurs:
- It may remain dormant for some time before the infection starts as it learns about the system
- It encrypts all files, databases, programs and documents making them completely unusable
- Searches through the local network to replicate itself to other servers or workstations and infect
- Displays a ransom note on user computer requesting payment to release the files
- You are required to pay and there is no guarantee files will be restored
Files are encrypted with a private key which is uncrackable and without the ransom payment, there is no other way to recover the files. Having secure cloud backups is the only way to recover the data.